George McIlvaine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I remember!

4 posters

Go down

What I remember! Empty What I remember!

Post by Chad Craig Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:45 pm

There are so many great things to say. I felt like I should start by talking about his girlfriends. No matter the venue, George often times has a guest and his guest, if female, is usually introduced as "this is my girlfriend". I will miss that from George.

Chad Craig

Back to top Go down

What I remember! Empty Re: What I remember!

Post by Step123 Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:18 am

I am Stephanie Denning.  I am a new member to Rotary, I've been a member about a year now.  George was one of the first people to make me feel welcome which helped tremendously and I thank him for that.

Step123

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Craig Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:23 pm

George was that way with everyone. It is one of his many great many qualities.

Chad Craig

Back to top Go down

What I remember! Empty What I Remember - Emma Stone

Post by E Stone Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:44 pm

I have been a member of rotary for 6 months.  George was one of the first people that my dad introduced me to.  He has such an infectious smile and always made me feel welcome.  Thank you, George.

E Stone

Back to top Go down

What I remember! Empty George is Rotary

Post by brittany.ashby Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:10 pm

It is a little hard for me to picture Cheyenne Rotary without George.  While I realize he sponsored many people into our club, I think he is also the reason many of us got involved and thus stayed in Rotary.  He not only made people feel welcome, he was the first to step and say, "I've got something for you to do and I hear you would be great at it!".  He stopped me at my second meeting and handed off his baby, the Dictionary Project.  I will forever be grateful for that.  I will also remember driving to Casper with him for RLI and listening to his many stories of Rotary. I want to send lots of hugs and thoughts to Mary and George and their family. Brittany

brittany.ashby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Schwem Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:19 pm

I met George when I joined Rotary about 10 years ago. He truly is passionate about being a Rotarian. He made me feel welcome. I have enjoyed working with him over the years. I am sending hugs and thoughts to Mary and George and the rest of the family. I will keep them in my prayers.

Mary Schwem

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenstone Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:06 pm

George, you are one of the most interesting people I know. You always made me feel welcome at Rotary. Thank you George!!!

stephenstone

Back to top Go down

What I remember! Empty What I remember

Post by Kellie Tovar Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Well Chad, I am one of those girlfriends - his Rocky Mountain girlfriend to be specific. Anytime I saw George it was that infections grin of his and a welcome of "hey kid" and a big hug. I had the pleasure and honor of working with George and Mary through their District Governor year in 2006-2007 and there are so many memories that I can't even begin to sort them all out in my brain. What I do know is he promised to not become the missing in action past district governor whom I worked so closely with over the years and then falls of the face of the earth & he held to that promise! George - you & your beautiful wife Mary have left a mark on my heart and every time I see the both of you I am overjoyed! I'm praying and thinking about you and your beautiful family!

Kellie Tovar

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna B Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:00 pm

George was one of those people I would seek out to sit with during our Rotary meetings. His smile and quick wit made my day more pleasant. Thanks for being you George!

Donna B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum