George McIlvaine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you so much everyone!!

Go down

Thank you so much everyone!! Empty Thank you so much everyone!!

Post by Emily McIlvaine Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi all!!
George's granddaughter, Emily, here!! I just wanted to thank everyone so much for all their kind words and thoughts and prayers! I'm reading these to grandpa and am constantly refreshing my phone's browser to check for updates. Every time I say who wrote the post his eyes light up and it's pretty easy to tell that he loves hearing all your kind words. Thank you so much for sharing your stories and your memories with not just him, but my family and the rest of the community here on the forum. I'll keep checking for new posts!!
Lots of love and thanks!
Emily McIlvaine

Emily McIlvaine

Back to top Go down

Thank you so much everyone!! Empty note to Emily...

Post by Capt.Billy Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:48 am

Hi Emily,  Our family owned the Cushing Ranch, but sold it to your great-grandparents company and they moved there instead of us.  Our family moved into the Saratoga Inn instead.   

Your grandmother, Mary, grew up corner-to-corner across the street.  I still have flies your great grandmother, Dorothy Gould, tied!   

My parents and your great-grandparents were lifelong friends.   The McIlvane family was a treasure and such a great bunch.   Your great-aunt Ginger even lived with us for a short while in our house in town.   Your grand father was always one those of us, who were a couple of years younger, emulated.   For his entire life George McIlvane was a mentor to many.   No one in Wyoming garnered more respect and admiration than George and Mary McIlvane.  Emily, you come from GREAT stock.  Be proud of your heritage it is so well deserved.

Capt.Billy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum