George McIlvaine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest Gentleman: a mentor, friend and extraordinary person

Go down

The Greatest Gentleman: a mentor, friend and extraordinary person Empty The Greatest Gentleman: a mentor, friend and extraordinary person

Post by Darcee Snider Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:31 pm

George,

Words cannot express all that you have brought to my life. I loved sitting with you each week at Rotary, the life lessons you taught me were immeasurable and I will never forget them. I cannot express how much I looked forward to those days, many times there was nothing spectacular said but there was still so much to be learned and never a moment that I didn't feel welcome. You my friend, are a gentleman in the truest form and I am grateful for your sense of humor, grand stories, kind heart and sensible nature. My Rotary experience would have been greatly different without you as a mentor.

You were so kind when I left to take care of my father (he is doing much better and went back to work a couple weeks ago) and I kept hoping I would make it back to a meeting to fill you in on all the things going on and my adventures of caring for him and to hear how things were with you. Unfortunately, that did not happen. I have taken a job in New Orleans (moved here just a few weeks ago) but think of you and all the wonderful members of the Cheyenne Rotary Club often.

I just want you to know, you made a difference. Everyday. Not only to me but to the Rotary club, to the Cheyenne Community, the district and the world. Not many people can say that they left their mark on the world and made it a better place in the process, but that is not an exaggeration. You did and you do.

My love to you and your family and my prayers for you and for them as well.

Mary, my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing George with so many of us that were changed by his presence in our lives.

God Bless,
Darcee Snider

Darcee Snider

Back to top Go down